Friday, August 14, 2009

My Stock Phrase

Whenever people call into Dave Ramsey's popular financial advise radio show, their first question is often, "how are you?" and Dave's always answers, "Better than I deserve." It's a great stock phrase.

A stock phrase is a witty saying used often. It gets people thinking and spices up a conversation. Best of all, it doesn't take much effort on your part because its your standard line.

So here's my stock phrase. I've been using it for several years. It frequently gets a reaction. Whenever people ask, "What do you know?" or "How are you?" I reply:

"I'm fine, because God still loves me."

Yes, if you know me, be amazed, God still loves me. If you don't know me that well, trust me on this one.

John 3:16 and Romans 5:8 testify to God's persistent, never ending love toward all people. God loves because he created us. God loved us by sending his son Jesus to cover over our sin guilt. God loves us by offering the free gift of salvation. God loves us by giving us a new life in Christ. And still loves us when we trip up, mess up, and screw up.

God still loves me. And you too.

No comments: