Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Mist of Technology

I have a new computer at church!

It's a Dell Inspiron laptop. It comes with Windows Vista. I got a docking station for it. This new computer has all the bell and whistles. It's pretty sleek. I'm excited to have it.

The new computer replaces the old one that crashed. Nine years ago, that old computer was the hot new technology. Dell desktop. Windows 98. 15" monitor. Long ago, it was the latest and greatest. Now, it's all forgotten. It's destiny is the junk bin.

In our quest to get the latest and greatest technology, how many of us see that the shelf life of today's technology is a metaphor for our own shelf life?

James 4:14 asks, "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

I'm glad I have the Lord and the Lord has me.

Because I want to last longer than my new computer.

No comments: