Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lawn Mowing

With all the rain we've been getting, I've been mowing the lawn quite a bit.

The parsonage yard isn't too big; it takes a couple of hours with a walk behind mower. I have four sections--backyard, alley, east side, and front. I always mow the sections in the same order, though I usually change the way I mow them to keep from getting too bored.

What I enjoy most is the loud whirl of the engine. The affect is it shuts out the rest of the world and ushers me to a place where I'm alone with my thoughts.

I think about all sorts of things--church, family, silly stuff, friends, sports, books, Scripture, sermons, good thoughts, bad thoughts.

I can see the next John Deer lawn mowing ads now:

"It's not just mowing, it's therapy."

1 comment:

Sheldon said...

I think you can try for an Lawn mowing machine which will easy your problems.