[For Middler teacher helps, days 2-5, I've written more here.]
For a Closing Rally script, one is available here.]
The first lesson is the story of Moses' birth from Exodus 1-2:10. Some observations:
- The Pharaoh's policy of death was in conflict God's policy of life.
- Midwives Shiprah and Puah risked their own death by choosing God's ways over Pharaoh's, but they did so because they "feared the Lord" (1:17, 21).
- God honored the midwives' actions and gave them families of their own (1:21).
- Moses is hidden from precisely the ones who find him--Pharaoh's court and his daughter in particular (2:5-6).
- Miriam, Moses' sister, doesn't plead for Moses to be saved. Instead, she assumes his life and asks, "Shall I get one of the Hebrew women to nurse the baby?" (2:7).
- Of all the Hebrew women who could have cared for Moses, the one who does is the child's very own mother (2:8).
- God works out the difficulties for those who courageously trust Him!