Tuesday, February 20, 2007

K-State - KU Basketball Battle

When Bob Huggins became the head basketball coach at Kansas State in March of last year, one of first things he said was, "Mark down February 19th on your calendar."

I did.

And thanks to my sister-in-law, I had the privilege of watching K-State battle Kansas last night at Bramlage Colesieum in Manhattan.

Huggins mentioned the date with the goal of seeing K-State break its 24 game home losing streak to Kansas. But that wasn't meant to be this year as KU prevailed in a tough defensive battle, 71-62.

Huggins was ill before the game and probably more sick afterwards.

But for me, just being there was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

littleriverlon said...

OH yeah.... Loved the result. Were those skaol-chewing hicks really throwing live chickens? Thought it very appropriate that they wore black. Watched the whole game as I do all KU games. Wish I could have gone. Who did you take?

Living the Biblios said...

Wait'll next year!