Tuesday, August 15, 2006

An Incredible Story--Forgotten

The other day a strange envelope appeared in my post office box.

The return address was from my church I pastor. The letter was addressed to me. It had an old .37-cent stamp on it, which you can see on the left (the post office didn't catch the fact it was mailed without the needed two additional cents). The envelope had two folds at perfect thirds.

All these clues led me to figure out that this was a self-addressed and stamped return envelope that I had created sometime in the past.

But when?

I opened the envelope. Inside, I found a story I had written two years ago in November 2004. Also included was a rejection letter from Guideposts magazine.

Then I remembered what I had long forgotten: Over two years ago, I sent Guideposts a true story about a soldier from our church that experienced the power of prayer in a most incredible way while serving in Iraq.

Guideposts rejected my story. However, here on my blog, we have much lower standards! So tomorrow, I'll share with you this story.

It's truly incredible.

No comments: