Tuesday, July 04, 2006

US Senior Open

Posted by Picasa

This week the US Senior Open golf tournament takes place a half-hour from my home at Prairie Dunes Country Club in Hutchinson, Kansas. I've got tickets for the week and when the tournament starts on Thursday, my Dad will be joining me.

Monday-Wednesday is the practice rounds. It's also the only time when fans can bring cameras to the tournament. So I brought mine. I took a lot of pictures, but this was the very first one--a snapshot of me with Bruce Lietzkie.

Back in 1976, I attended my first PGA golf tournament--the Ohio Kings Island Open near Cincinnati. Bruce was the first golfer to give me autograph. I was 14 years old at the time and Bruce was a second year pro. One interesting fact about Bruce is he almost never practices. He just tees it up. I'm so jealous.

No comments: