Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Spirit Filled Shopping

Yesterday I attempted a feat requiring super human strength and ability:

I shopped at Wal-Mart with 3 young children.

"Put that back."

"No, we're not buying that."

"You have to go potty? Wait a minute."

"Put this in the shopping cart for me, OK?"

"You do not run in the store."

To the man behind the deli: "You're out of popcorn chicken?" Youngest child then cries on cue.

"Come back here right now."

"No, stay here."

Is there a more difficult situation where you need the empowerment and fruit of the Holy Spirit?

After I got home and told my wife how stressful the experience was (she took the other car earlier in the day to run errands), she reminded me:

"You were the one who didn't want to stay home with the kids. Taking them along was your idea."

I guess I'm not getting a pity-party.

No comments: