Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How Embarrassing

When you ask a group of elementary boys, "Has something embarrassing ever happened to you?" you're setting yourself up for...well...an embarrassing answer.

That's the question my wife asked her group of Good News club kids today while they were in the sanctuary, preparing to work on their memory verse.

One boy answered, "I farted in front of everyone in music class at school." My wife reported that everyone laughed.

Then I started laughing and told my wife, "When all the kids were outside, before we started our club today, I had to well...you know...cut some cheese. I thought to myself, 'We're outside. The wind is blowing. It'll go away fast.' But it didn't. And all the boys started screaming and blaming one another. They never even thought that it could have been me!"

I eventually asked my wife, "Why did you ask that question before saying your memory verse?"

She replied, "Our verse today was 1 John 2:28: 'And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when He appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.'"

When God comes, don't be embarrassed!

1 comment:

littleriverlon said...

When I used to work with retarded children, you could always fart. They wouldn't say much. Plus, "normal" people would just assume it was one of them anyway.