Friday, April 28, 2006

Flip-Flop Luck

Around the corner from where we live is a rather headstrong five-year-old-girl. She constantly is asking challenging questions and is rarely willingly to do what her parents or any other authority figures asks.

Yesterday, I found her a considerable distance away from home--and barefoot. I asked her, "What are you doing?"

She said, "I'm looking for my flip-flops. My Daddy bought me some flip flops and I don't know where they are."

"Where did you last see them?" I inquired.

"They were somewhere..." her voice trailed off.

"Well, good luck finding them," I told her.

She said, "I've been looking for a while. I'm all out of good luck. Now, I only have bad luck."

If she never finds her flip-flops, at least she lucked into a little adventure.

No comments: