Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter 2006

He is risen! He is risen indeed!
Christ has died! Christ has risen! Christ will come again!

Believers around the world universally declare these two statements on this wonderful day.

A choral cantata was the highlight of our church's worship service today. We sounded pretty good, if I say so myself.

Our service traditionally ends with a song that has the chorus, "The tomb is empty, praise be to God." This year I told myself that I wouldn't start choking up during the song. But it didn't matter. I did it anyway.

At 7:00am, I went to a community sunrise service at a neighboring church. Afterwards, we continued our fellowship with an Easter breakfast.

One man said something funny to his wife: "Honey, since it was women who first discovered the empty tomb, I think that only women should be allowed to attend sunrises services. Us men, we'll just show up later for breakfast."

Have a blessed resurrection Sunday.

No comments: