Monday, March 20, 2006

Ready For 1st Day of Spring

Yesterday the farmers around here were smiling. Today’s weather forecast was a “100% chance of snow.” We’re looking at 8”-10”.

With the weatherman so certain of himself, I decided yesterday I better get ready.

I cleared out a space for my car in the section of the garage where all my kids’ bikes and toys usually sit. Picked up the hose in the yard that I’d been using to water trees. Got a few things from church so I could work at home if necessary.

It’s not as serious as having oil in your lamps ahead of time, but it’s not a bad exercise in preparation.

Sure enough. When I woke up this morning and looked out the window, the sleet and snow was already on the ground. Looks like the weatherman got it right. I’m glad I took care of those little chores.

All winter it’s been warm, with no rain. Now on the first day of spring, it’s snowy and cold.

Go figure.

No comments: